Friday, May 3, 2013

Goodbye my trusted friend! Part 1



I've been mulling over this for a few days, maybe even more. There's not too many things in the world that can bring emotions to a boil in me, but my motorcycle is definitely one of them. The insane thought of selling my motorcycle would have never occurred to me under normal circumstances, in fact, it's kind of heart rending even to write about it. But it did happen, and I did sell my soul. Wise men do say it's "healthy" to let the story pour, so all inertia and laziness aside, here goes.

The story of my C5 in turquoise green began way back in 2009. Around the time when it was imminent that I was to return to India, Royal Enfield made a big announcement, they were going to assault the Indian public with a "Classic" range of motorcycles. I started scoring the internet for details on almost a daily basis back then. Once the official webpage opened, the image was of a turquoise green Classic 500, and my heart was sold instantly.

Because a vision softly creeping...
I mean, how good is a fuel injected, ECU controlled non leaking bullet? Yes, it's a dream come true. So flash forward to 2010. Post all the family drama and domestic trauma, I'd realized that I let almost a year go by without booking "my dream". I had of course in the meantime followed the reviews and done test rides umpteen times, and despite what the experts said about stability issues, fishtailing, jerking, sooted spark plugs etc etc, I was still convinced, and put down the booking amount at Teknik Motors, Indiranagar. Pages can be written about Royal Enfield and their ridiculous waiting times. Did you know that a female moose makes a baby in 245 days? That's exactly how long it took for RE to deliver my C5!

No comments:

Post a Comment