Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The king of beasts launched in India

I have been eagerly following the news stream for the last few days, a direct consequence of  Yamaha Motors India announcing that they would be launching "not only the fastest motorcycle in India, but the fastest motorcycle in the world". I pride myself in having predicted it would be the 2010 V-Max. Yes, I am shamelessly parading it, patting my own back, as any motorcycle ego-centric person would. Anyway, I will spare you the gloating, and move on to what is much bigger and  more sacred than my ego: the monstrous VMax.

I have had the pleasure of watching this monster zoom by at dizzying speeds on a deserted parking lot stretch . I will also shamelessly admit that I was on the deserted stretch just for the purpose of leching at two wheeled beauties. For those who do not understand leching at motorcycles (even though I generalize, this is meant solely for my fiance), here are a few words. A thing of beauty is joy forever. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Blah blah. Jimmy Choo shoes may do it for ya, Kim Kadashian may do it for my good buddy Javed, but going to the 'race lot'(undisclosed location lest the Natick police is scouring websites) does it for me. But I digress. Coming back to the VMax, this is a creation of orgasmic proportions. It is rumored that the sole purpose of creating this machine was to deliver acceleration, and make the rider feel every g of it. Having not ridden it myself, I am not going to do a quick google search and pretend to 'review' the bike. All i can say is, its huge, its got 4 cylinders, a full sized radiator, shaft drive and humongous Brembo brakes on each wheel. Its also got a 'you cannot miss me' air intake by the fuel tank. And its incredibly fast, with an authentic 'wooooaaaaaaaaaaan' engine scream. Styled deceptively like a cruiser, this is the real bad ass. For those who really love specs, like me, here you go. Yamaha India is going to import 25 of these, and price each at around Rs.20 lakh. Which is why I love leching. Its doesn't cost me a penny.

No comments:

Post a Comment